Right now I’m lucky enough to be taking Ruth Soukup’s Elite Blogger Academy which, for anybody who blogs or is thinking about blogging, is a definite “must do.” She has given me such an amazing framework to make and grow a fabulous website, both here, and my primary site TheDisneyChef.com. Last year, I only did about half the course before I had to bow out due to health reasons, but even with only half the course under my belt, the results were almost too good to be true.
I’ll be honest, I love seeing how other people’s sites grow and change over time and I find it ridiculously fascinating to see the trend of people’s websites growth as they expand along with their online reach.
I know not a lot of people like to pull back the curtain and show people the guts of their website. Honestly, it’s like letting people peek in your underwear drawer so that they can see if the new stuff you have now is really better than the old, ratty skivvies you’ve had for awhile. You’re welcome for that image, by the way.
Well, I’m proud of how far I’ve come and excited to see where I’m going in the future, so I’m actually going to take the plunge and share my website stats each month. If you’re like me with a strong sense of inner business nerd, or you’re looking for some great “you can do it too” motivation, I hope you find it helpful.
The Positive Year.com
Started 3/4/2016… I’ve got no stats to share yet! So… Pretty much… Zero. All the way across.
The Disney Chef.com
Monthly Page Views for Feb 2016 – 48,350 (-7.82% from Jan 2016… Stupid 29 day Feb)
Average Monthly Unique Visitors – 35,851 (-9.10% from Jan 2016… Thanks short February)
Email Subscribers – 0 (no email list)
- Three Highest Traffic Sources – Pinterest, Google, Direct
- Busiest Days – Sunday, Saturday, Friday
- Countries With Most Visits – United States, Canada, United Kingdom
- Most Popular Posts
- Facebook Follows – 19,452
- Twitter – 1,709
- Pinterest – 3,901
- Google + – 76
- Instagram Followers – 8,537
- YouTube Subscribers – 15
- LinkedIN Followers – 159
- Monthly AdSense Income – $63.12
- Other Income – product contract with client (ends 4/2016)
- Discontinued other ad networks
Blog traffic and unique users continue to climb at healthy rate, however this was the first month of lower views and unique viewers than the previous month since I started tracking in 2015, in part because of the shorter month and also because of reduced new content and social media promotion. Bounce rate is still not-so-awesome but still in line with other similar websites. Income from AdSense is continuing rapid growth, but ad network income from other networks was continued due to no longer being eligible to participate (website is too big!).
Goals For March of 2016
- Increase Page Views to 50,000 by the end of March, 2016 through increased social media postings of website content, new content, and increasing Pinterest activity. I will know I have met this goal when my page views have hit that milestone and overall trends for the month have tracked higher than previous averages.
- Increase Unique Users to 40,000 by the end of March, 2016 through increased social media postings of website content, new content, and increasing Pinterest activity. I will know I have met this goal when my page views have hit that milestone and overall trends for the month have tracked higher than previous averages.
- Decrease bounce rate 5% by the end of March 2016 through change of header menus and restructured use of banners in the margins and at the foot of posts. I will also change the format of my 5 most visited posts to see if this can decrease my bounce rate. I will know I have met this goal when my bounce rate has decreased 4.41 points.
- Create 15 new posts with new content. I will know I have met this goal when I have created and photographed recipes/foods, edited pictures, written and posted new content, then shared content on all social media channels as well as scheduled future repromotes of content at one, three, six, and 12 months.
- I will continue to update social media regularly by sharing relevant content. I will know I have met this goal when I have a social media calendar that I can refer to easily and I follow that plan for the successful posting of content.
Stats for TheDisneyChef.com from March/April 2015 (earliest stats available)
- Monthly page views: 8,676
- Unique visitors: 7,231
- Email subscribers: 0 (no email list)
- Facebook: 18,374
- Twitter: 520
- Pinterest: 1,996
- Google+: 39
- Instagram: 265
- YouTube: 4
- LinkedIn: 41
Monthly Income: $28.49